MARCUS宏蔚

MARCUS宏蔚

Saturday, July 25, 2009

40 DOC: Reaching Out to Unbelievers - Day 13 - Reach out Together


"Whatever happens, conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ. Then, whether I come and see you or only hear about you in my absence, I will know that you stand firm in one spirit, contending as one man for the faith of the gospel"
- Philippians 1:27
.
40 D0C JOURNAL
DAY 13
REACH OUT TOGETHER
.
Evangelism in Chung Cheng is always a fun thing to do, because there's just so many friends out there who have yet to hear the Good News of Christ's salvation (: Yet, when it comes to even the first step of beginning conversation about Christianity, people like me would stand rooted to the ground, either clueless on how to start, or just being fearful of rejection. It's a common thing to hear "Aiya don't want la" being a reply to "Let's talk about Christianity". In retrospect I find this act rather related to the previous teachings where we have to show our love for christ by loving others (from what we say, do etc). Being able to speak about the Glory of God is one thing, but to convice is another. If someone behaves arguably different from the way when he talks about christ, the recipient of the message may not be fully nor even slightly convinced that Christ is the way to go. Fine I admit I fall in this category sometimes, BUT I'M DOING MY BEST TO CHANGE OK. zz. Then today's 40DOC talks about reaching out to non-believers as a group, and honestly I've never really tried that before (:
.
Having tried to give the Good News but to a sudden and gradual halt due to exhaustion and rejection, I realised it's been awhile since I really went out voluntarily to talk about Christ.
"Your chance to share Christ ends when you end(die)". This really dawned upon me that any day, anytime, I can leave the physical realm and that lad or lass there whom I could have brought to Christ never will, all because of my procrastination. If we want to spread the Good News, we must do it without respite. If we want to keep the confidence high, and give a persuasive front, we must show how we truly are as christians and act as a group.
The book shows the basic steps:
- Reveal You're Christian (Done that, you know it, I know it)
- Extend an invitation to church (Done on miniscule attempts, Got to 加油)
- Ask if it's ok to share your story (Yea I better share instead of asking them to read my testim. theirself.Lol)
- Communicate how and why you became a Christian (I've never applied this approach before. I shall)
- Help your friend accept Christ
.
As I bring someone in, I mature in christ. As someone rejects the evangelistic approach, I mature in christ. As I build a stronger relationship with those aroun, I mature in christ (: Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

中正总校2COURAGE'08

中正总校2COURAGE'08
HYPER-active-LINK.Below.

中正总校3JUSTICE'09

中正总校3JUSTICE'09
HYPER-active-LINK.Below.

HYPER-active-LINKS.Below.