MARCUS宏蔚

MARCUS宏蔚

Thursday, July 23, 2009

40 DOC: Day 12 - Reaching Out to Unbelievers - "Reach Out With Practical Help"


40Days Of Community
Day 12
Reach Out with Practical Help
I felt it would be easier to reflect on what I've learnt along my 40DOC journey if I recorded the journal entries on the blog (: So here goes, starting with Day 12.
Also, you can see the way God path's our lives and how I am also learning and maturing as God fills our Days with new things to learn, see, and reach out to. So hope this deems a good way to see the growth in retrospect after this campaign, maybe even before it ends! (:

"Little children, let us stop just saying we love people; let us really love them, and show it by our actions." 1 John 3:18


This verse has never spoken out to me before, nor have I often noticed such verses that speak out to us so intimately and personally. Indeed there were many times in my life(both before and after acceptance into Christ's realm) where I have used the word "I love you" with fulsome and insincere roots. Can remember once, or rather many times, when I and my sister were incolved in a row and whenever our parents came as deviators, "I Love you" had to surface from our lips to each other, by hook or by crook. Honestly, most out of the many times I was involved in such situations, the "I love you"'s were 100% insincere. Well, that's human, i guess. However, there are times too when we claim we love people and yet do nothing to prove so. That's the flaw in communication between non-believers and believers, i presume? The workbook(40DOC) claims it so, and it really dawned upon me, that ever-irascible question : Everytime I tell my friends about how wonderful the realm of God is, how filled with love it is, how blessed and showered by love we are, do they believe it? Do they not scrutinise our claims? They do. Definitely."


Many times I have spread the Good News of God to friends, but some of them may not have recieved it wholeheartedly, because that's where the evangelism ceases. No actions nor evidence, how could they just step in and advocate? This point, I'll work on it (:


From the workbook: I want to challenge you to prove your love to God by reaching out to others with a love that's sincere and filled with passion. It's not easy, but it is the motive that God honours.


I read Day 12 at the school's iCafe today, and the message has been stuck there in my mind ever since. Imagine the people I could've brought closer to God (: So let's see that become a reality, Amen. (:


23/7/09

.
This song accompanied me throughout the typing process (:
.

Unfailing love - Chris Tomlin

You have my heart,
and I am yours forever,
You are my strength,
God of Grace and Power

And everything you hold in your hand
Still you make time for me,
I can't understand

Praise you God of Earth and Sky,
How beautiful is your unfailing love
Unfailing love
And you never changed,
God you remained the holy one
and my unfailing love
unfailing love

You are my rock,
the one i hold on to
You are my Song,
and I sing for you

And everything you hold in your hand
Still you make time for me,
I can't understand
Praise you God of Earth and Sky,
How beautiful is your unfailing love
Unfailing love
And you never changed,
God you remained the holy one
and my unfailing love
unfailing love
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

中正总校2COURAGE'08

中正总校2COURAGE'08
HYPER-active-LINK.Below.

中正总校3JUSTICE'09

中正总校3JUSTICE'09
HYPER-active-LINK.Below.

HYPER-active-LINKS.Below.